5.05.2013

Week's End with Thanks




  • I know I say this all the time, but I won the friend jackpot in a pretty extraordinary way.  (I did NOT win the friend/geography jackpot, but I can live with that.)  As I was dealing with stuff this week, loved ones were not shy about letting me know that they cared.  It really made all the difference in the world.
  • My other half has been on my case about how I talk to myself, and as snarky as I can get about it:  he's right.  And moreover, I'm starting to hear it, and noticing progress.  (Slow progress.)  So again, hurrah for being loved.
  • Loud 80s music doesn't cure what ails me, but it's an excellent comfort care measure.
  • I get to write about my favorite book of all time, EVER, for my Christology final.  I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it.  Talking about John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany, for credit, for someone who wants me to be talking about it.  (Instead of to the scores of people who wish I'd stop talking about this damn book after 15 years...)
  • Finally, the loveliness of spring, and the blossom-confetti it leaves on my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins